Category: Animations, Event Branding, Event Skateparks, Set Design
Client: CA RampWorks
The ESPN X Games is a globally broadcast action sports competition featuring the top athlete names in the industry. In 2015, The Summer X Games were held in Austin TX, and built on the Circuit of the Americas Race Track.
• Design of Skateboard Street and Skateboard/BMX Park Courses
• On-course branding
• Structural Design
• Construction Documentation
• 3D renderings and animation for promotion of event
– Designing to push top level athletes to land never-been-done tricks on a unique course they have never ridden before
– Designing the course to be assembled in two weeks
– Designing to meet the needs of television camera angles and locations, as well as, audience viewing
– Designing a park course that works perfectly for both BMX and Skateboarding
– Creating new concepts and ideas each year, while trying to help progress the sports.
– Design within budget.
– Building around a road barrier and within tight site restrictions
The street course focused around rooftops for banger tricks and unique features and lines for technical street skating. Sponsorship branding was integrated into the final art and aesthetics. The Park Course utilized a center hip that created many different line opportunities. The park course artwork was themed around a leather stitch-work to bring in the Austin/Texan culture.View 3-D Course Fly-Through on ESPN